[PLUG] Server Sky

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 20:40:26 UTC 2009

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> I got an idea about a month ago that can change the world.  I
> am starting to build a community around it.

Sounds like a great idea. I hope it's successful.

Are you aware of the US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITAR

It is a bureaucracy that controls, among other things, pretty much
everything someone from the US might want to send into space. As you
proceed with this project, you will need someone with deep pockets to
fund the paperwork side of getting permission to launch. As this project
sounds like a great place for Google to place server farms, they may be
the logical deep pockets to tap.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens