[PLUG] UPS Advice needed

Ronald Chmara ronabop at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 05:06:19 UTC 2009

On Mar 16, 2009, at 9:59 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:35:21 -0700
> m0gely <m0gely at gmail.com> dijo:
>> 1500VA for one desktop and a laptop? Is there a reason you need
>> such a
>> long runtime?
> Yes, in case the power goes out I can shut down the desktop and still
> be able to work on the laptop for a very long time.

Just as a reminder (I've used similar setups) of mistakes I've made:
Don't forget the peripherals that you "need" to effectively work on
your laptop, if your main power is out. For example, switches,
routers, dock station, powered USB hubs, etc...

Oh, and don't even try to use a laser printer off of a UPS. Crazy
juice suckage.

-Bop