[PLUG] UPS Advice needed

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Mar 17 07:04:54 UTC 2009

>>>>> "John" == John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> writes:

John> I'm thinking of 1500 VA, but I could be convinced to go
John> higher. [...]

My general philosophy on ups's is that 95% of power outages are very
short, a few seconds.  In most of the remaining cases, the outages are
long enough that it will run through whatever batteries I (can afford
to) have.  So, I just figure I'll lose in the 5% of the cases anyway.
Extra run time is unlikely to do me much good and so spending extra
money on them is mostly down the rat hole.

FWIW.

seniorr at aracnet.com