[PLUG] video conferencing

Bruce KIlpatrick bakilpatrick at verizon.net
Tue Mar 24 22:15:21 UTC 2009

All,

I am running Kubuntu Jaunty.

I recently came into a reason to try video conferencing.  I searched
Google and found several references including the Kubuntu Guide.  In the
guide are several different programs that might fill the bill.

My question is, which program will more than likely work best on an
IdeaPad running a 64-bit install.  The webcam is built in.  I know it
can work with Kubuntu and have actually seen myself upside down in Hardy
but haven't tried to use it for anything lately.

The use we are looking for includes 4 laptops.  3 run Kubuntu, 1 runs
Ubuntu.  Just the 4 of us trying to stay connected and looking for a
better way than sharing speakerphones on each end.

TIA,

Bruce