[PLUG] Procmail Problem

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 00:43:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 16:52, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>   Last week I asked for ideas on where incoming mail went after postfix
> found the incoming connection. I discovered that the messages were passed
> from qmgr to /usr/bin/procmail but they never showed up in my inbox.
>
>   I found and signed up for a procmail mail list and posted a query there on
> what to do to learn what's happened. There has been no response since then.
> Today I discover that more messages are being lost.
>
>   Since there appears to be no procmail support on their mail list, where do
> you folks suggest I go to get help with this issue?

well, you could post your procmailrc here and tell us all that you
know about a message that disappears (sender, subject, and anything
else that might be affected by whatever filter rules you have in place
in procmial).  i find it very hard to believe that your procmail log
file hasn't told you what's happening to those messages.  i often lost
messages and always found them via the log, when i used procmail for
12 years.  i've finally given up that ghost and let gmail do all my
sorting these days.