[PLUG] Logs and Reporting ... Again -- FIXED

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Thu Mar 26 14:28:44 UTC 2009

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Heath Morrison wrote:
>
>> It's an odd thing, this script. I don't have the 1pflogsumm cron script,
>> but I do have pflogsumm on one of my machines, and it doesn't have any of
>> this "# ---Begin" or "# ---End" stuff in it. It seems kind of odd to rely
>> on sed cutting to work around Date::Calc problems, too.
>
> Everyone:
>
>    A-ha! The log reports problem is all part of the procmail issue!!

Rich,

Something you might want to consider.  Move to Postfix, Postgrey,
Dovecot (IMAP), and mail-sieve.

Postfix is rock solid, easy to configure, and with Postgrey tossed in
I've seen the spam (to a semi-trap account) drop from 20+ a day to a
worst case of 2 or 3 a day and some times none for days.

IMAP (Dovecot) means your mail stays on the server so is accessible from
all your computers not just the one you pop'd it to.

Mail-sieve handles nearly everything that procmail does and actually
gives errors if something fails.

Rod