[PLUG] Weird Wordpress 2.7 behavior?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:19:09 UTC 2009

Ok, so this is weird.

I have a couple Wordpress 2.7.x sites that are sending 404's to my
monitoring system (Nagios, using the normal check_http plugin) ,
regardless of what URL I hit on the site. And it's a custom
WP-generated 404.

But.

Hitting the sites using a browser from the same server that is hosting
the monitoring works fine. Get content and a 200 status as expected.

Changing my user agent to that which the monitoring system sends
doesn't break it on "real" browsers, so it's not a user agent thing.

The only common thread I can think of is that these sites are running
Wordpress 2.7. They are the only ones we are hosting that are this
new. Any thoughts would be appreciated. My prayers to the Googley-bear
so far have been fruitless.

-QH-