[PLUG] Weird Wordpress 2.7 behavior?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:14:11 UTC 2009

2009/3/26 Joe Pruett <joey at clean.q7.com>:
> if that is truly what the log says, then that is your problem.  your nagios
> is trying to do a proxy get (the http: tag).  it should just say something
> like "GET /" for a normal request.

Good catch. I totally missed that detail. I monkied with the
check_http command until I hit on something that allowed me to check
vhosts and verify content, I didn't notice it ended up doing the proxy
get. I worked around this by using different options for the
check_http plugin.

Rather than what I used before:

check_http -I 1.2.3.4 -uhttp://vhost.to.check -s"string to look for"

I changed it to:

check_http -H vhost.to.check -s"string to look for"

Which also allows for testing vhosts. I was under the impression that
the -I option was required, but if you use -H you don't need it.

Still funny that only WP 2.7 choked on the weird get.

Thanks!

-QH-