[PLUG] Firefox Bookmarks: Maintaining Sorted Order

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 27 16:03:46 UTC 2009

   The way firefox-3.x handles bookmarks is quite different from the way
version 2.x did. In the older version, I could right-click on a list of
bookmarks, select sort, and they would remain that way.

   In the new version I need to select Bookmarks -> Organize -> View -> Sort
(A-Z). However, there is apparently no way to save that view because as soon
as I close the window (either ctrl-w or on the right-most frame button), the
sort order disappears.

   What step have I missed?

TIA,