[PLUG] Darn RF!

Denis Heidtmann denish at dslnorthwest.net
Mon Mar 30 19:24:41 UTC 2009

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> Some time ago I bitched about feedback noise from the computer to my
> stereo. ...
>
> There is a lot of electronic equipment and wiring in the room, but I
> can't get rid of any of it.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Literally.

You should be able to rule out audio feedback by using earphones on the
receiver, and no speakers.  If the problem remains, it is some type of
electrical coupling.  What gain settings affect it?  Receiver gain, mixer
settings, etc.  I have this problem if the line input to the sound card (for
recording) is on at the same time the line output (for playing) is on.

I agree with Keith that remote diagnosis is difficult.  You wanna host a party?

-Denis