[PLUG] phpldapadmin

Tim Bruce - PLUG timb at tbruce.com
Mon Mar 30 19:42:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, March 30, 2009 12:28, Russell Johnson wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2009, at 12:23 PM, drew wymore wrote:
>

>> Any ACL's in place that might block access? And as was mentioned the
>> password/user combo should be the one that exists in slapd.conf.
>>
>> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/quickstart.html
>

> OK, even weirder... If I user ldapadmin on Windows, everything works
> as expected.
>
> Russell Johnson
> russj at dimstar.net

If you can login correctly from Windows, then I would imagine that your
local configuration is not setup correctly for connecting to the Directory
Service.

Possibly the values for connecting to the database and/or the auth type
are not correct (in xxx/phpldapadmin-xxxx/config/config.php).

I think for some of the problems I was seeing at home I looked at
/var/log/syslog to help troubleshoot.  But check there and
/var/log/messages, if you have logging enabled.

Tim
--
Timothy J. Bruce

Registered Linux User #325725