[PLUG] AMD motherboard w/HDMI

Dan Young danielmyoung at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 02:02:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 5:44 PM, rich <t_rex at verizon.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the "Heads up".  The other board is a
> Gigabyte with Radeon video and an AMD chipset

I've got a Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H (that's an SB700 chipset, w/ onboard
ATI Radeon HD 3200 video). It has HDMI out, though I have no idea if
it works (nothing to plug it into). DVI/VGA are fine, though quite new
X.org drivers are necessary for even 2D acceleration. The radeonhd
driver initially gave better support, though work appears to be
proceeding quickly on 2D/3D R600/700 video in the radeon (aka ati)
driver now. That's what I've used for the last month or so in Fedora's
rawhide.

--
Dan Young