[PLUG] Jaunty-licious

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Sun May 3 21:38:12 UTC 2009

I did a fresh Jaunty install on my Dell D620 laptop, and have been very
pleased with it. After hearing that the boot speed has been improved, I
benchmarked my boot time before and after (before I was running Hardy,
btw), and it went from 57s to 40s.

With every previous release I've had to modify acpi settings to get
suspend to RAM to work consistently, but this time it's working
flawlessly without any changes.

I'm going to give it about a month before upgrading my desktop machine.
I generally do that as it gives some time for the most common problems
to be reported and resolved on ubuntuforums.com.

I have no intention to experiment with ext4 yet but look forward to its
inclusion by default in the next release (reportedly).

Scott

--
Scott Garman
sgarman at zenlinux dot com