[PLUG] WRT suggestions

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon May 4 15:02:52 UTC 2009

Just to follow up on this thread. In the interest of minimizing my
time commitment to this project (putting Linux firmware on an Linksys
WRT150N), I decided to go with DD-WRT.

Someone mentioned an activation or registration process, but I haven't
seen anything like that from my installation of DD-WRT.

The firmware upgrade was very smooth. The web interface is
full-featured enough that I was able to get things setup within a
couple hours.

As I have time, I'd like to figure out how to manage most thing via
CLI, rather than using the web interface, but for now I'm a happy
customer. I like being able to ssh into my router. I also like being
able to poll it via SNMP.

As I have time, I'll probably end up moving some services from a
server at home to the Linksys: OpenVPN, DNS, DHCP.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and feedback!