[PLUG] Jaunty-licious

Bruce KIlpatrick bakilpatrick at verizon.net
Mon May 4 16:25:19 UTC 2009

John wrote:

<snip>  There are a number of complaints that it does not shut down
completely.
I have that issue as well, although I suspect that the problem is yet
another thing that the install script failed to handle properly. One of
these days I'll figure out what it is and fix it. Meantime I have this
big power button on the computer. The computer gets electricity at my
sufferance.  <snip>

I have been running Jaunty since Alpha 2.  I have had the shutdown
problem from the beginning of my experience.  Like you, the power button
works well.

I started early due to stability issues of Kubuntu (8.10) on my IdeaPad.
  Jaunty is much more reliable...If I could just get the Intel sound to
work full time, and the Intel video to work, then all would be good.

Bruce