[PLUG] Market for new computer

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu May 7 18:19:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, 7 May 2009 10:38:09 -0700
Tony Rick <tonyr42 at gmail.com> dijo:

I haven't bought an off-the-shelf desktop in ages. I always build them
myself. My last one (two years ago) came partly from ENU, partly from
online stores, and mostly from Fry's. I've had problems with things
like a buggy BIOS on the motherboard, but I've never had a problem with
any of the retailers mentioned here. In fact, Fry's took the evil
motherboard back at 92 days from purchase date.

It occurs to me that if Denis is not completely comfortable with
assembling a desktop himself, it might be an interesting thing to do at
a Clinic. Just show up with shopping bags of parts and leave with a
working Linux computer. I can't think of a better location to put
together a computer than Free Geek. And the researching and shopping
for parts is highly educational.