[PLUG] Linux partition scheme

Paul J. keinschwein at spiretech.com
Tue May 12 04:04:59 UTC 2009

I'm putting a extra hard drive on my XP box which will be home to
Ubuntu.  I've been doing dual-boots since the mid-'90s, but haven't
done a new Linux install for a few years.  I would like to partition
the Ubuntu drive to facilitate future distro upgrades, if the
partition scheme makes any difference in that area.  I remember
something about having a dedicated /home partition to make upgrades easier.

I'm a Linux hobbyist and enthusiast, so I'm asking about a partition
scheme for a "home" user.

TIA.

Paul