[PLUG] open source swf tools

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed May 13 04:06:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 07:51:31PM -0700, Richard C. Steffens wrote:

>  Athlon XP 2100+ with 1011.1 MiB running Ubuntu Hardy
>  Smooth and steady in Firefox 3.0.10
>  1.7 GHz Pentium with 0.99 GB of RAM running XP Home, Version 2002, SP 3
>  Smooth and steady in:
> Thinkpad 6003 laptop Pentium II  160 MB RAM  Win 98 SE
> Slow and jerky to load page. Slower and jerkier after page was loaded!

Good data points.  I think that tells us why there are small format
and large format videos out there.  When I put together presentations
to share over the net, I should make a small/slow as well as a
large/fast version of them, so the folks with the PII's can still
get something out of it.  Openoffice with gif animations must really
drag on that older machine ... thanks for the tests!

Keith