[PLUG] Identifying Shell Script Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 20 22:31:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> I admin 10+ (ran out of fingers and my shoes are on) mail servers all
> running pflogsumm and the shell script does not futz with pflogsumm.pl.
>  If for some reason Date::Calc or any other module wasn't installed
> during the OS installation it got installed.

Rod,

   The docs mention that Date::Calc is required and that most current
distributions include it. I think the check is like our appendix: left over
from earlier evolutionary times and no longer necessary.

> I'm going to have to go look at the source distribution of Pflogsumm as I
> run CentOS and pflogsumm comes from a RPM package.  Maybe that's why I've
> never had problems even when upgrading CentOS or coming from a Fedora
> install.

   I've not had problems until a month or so ago. I've used pflogsumm since
1998 (or 1999) and received a mailed report each day. Why it stopped its
daily run is what I'm trying to find.

Thanks,