[PLUG] Portland Co-Lo Experiences

John Medway pdxlinux at johnmedway.com
Fri May 22 23:06:10 UTC 2009

I know this is not strictly Linux, but this is one of the few local tech
mailing lists I am on, or am aware of, so please excuse...

Does anyone have any good/bad/indifferent to report about in-Portland
co-location facilities? I need two cabinets of real estate for some Linux
servers (there's the on-topic part) and an AS/400.

We need to be able to get to them quickly, in the event of emergency, so
close-in is best. We also need to be able to service the AS/400 daily for
tape and diaper changes, so the Integra/Tyco/Tata facility above the Whole
Foods is *NOT* an option, since they have just implemented some pretty
jackass access restrictions which is why I'm looking to move.