[PLUG] Portland Co-Lo Experiences

drew wymore drew.wymore at gmail.com
Sat May 23 07:54:41 UTC 2009

I am in a cabinet with Infinity Internet across from the Pittock. They
had a few hiccups in the last couple of years with power but it seems
to have been fixed. Last blip was over a year ago. I'm happy with the
service and access, however they have jacked rates up recently or so I
am told by the person who donates the cab space to me. 24/7 keycard
access.

There is the PIX at the Pittock on the 4th floor which provides 24/7
access although I don't know pricing. VSNL is over on Burnside close
in and they have good connectivity to the outside world. Those are the
3 close in sites I'm aware of off the top of my head.

Cheers,
Drew

On 5/22/09, John Medway <pdxlinux at johnmedway.com> wrote:
> I know this is not strictly Linux, but this is one of the few local tech
> mailing lists I am on, or am aware of, so please excuse...
>
> Does anyone have any good/bad/indifferent to report about in-Portland
> co-location facilities? I need two cabinets of real estate for some Linux
> servers (there's the on-topic part) and an AS/400.
>
> We need to be able to get to them quickly, in the event of emergency, so
> close-in is best. We also need to be able to service the AS/400 daily for
> tape and diaper changes, so the Integra/Tyco/Tata facility above the Whole
> Foods is *NOT* an option, since they have just implemented some pretty
> jackass access restrictions which is why I'm looking to move.

Sent from my mobile device