[PLUG] Slackware and ssh disconnects...

Someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Mon May 25 06:37:52 UTC 2009

I am getting bad packet length followed by disconnects a
lot.

This machine I am trying to log into is only accessible
through a wireless link originating from a Linksys WAP11.
I have googled and googled and googled and I still can't
figure out why this is happening.  The drops are random,
but I don't ever get very far command wise.  I don't get
vim up or cat any large files.

I saw something about login scripts that print messages
to the console crashing ssh, but I don't know if that
is accurate let alone pertinent.  Slackware by default
prints messages to the terminal after I log in even
if I come in via ssh.

I wonder if the 2 wireless cards which are intended
to create 2 different wireless networks from this
server are interrupting each other?  This server is
basically intended as a repeater and a camera box.

Note that I have Slackware 10.1 running on a wired
network booted system and I'm not having any problems
of this nature on that machine.

michael at barn:/var/log$ ls
apache/  gdm/      messages   removed_packages/  secure
webcam_server.log
Disconnecting: Bad packet length 3823690040.
[plug_0 at goose ~]$