[PLUG] Ubuntu to Debian: Day 3

Tim tim-pdxlug at sentinelchicken.org
Thu Nov 5 16:22:35 UTC 2009

John,

> There is one major issue left: My bluetooth mouse. In Jaunty it would
> quit periodically and I had to delete it and re-pair it every time in
> order to get it working again. In Squeeze I can't get it to work at
> all. Nor can I get my cell or headphones to work. I posted a plea for
> help on a Debian forum two days ago and so far only half a dozen people
> have even read it.

Have you checked to see what bluetooth packages are installed?  I've
only ever used bluetooth once to talk to my cell phone (setting a
custom ringtone and background) and havent touched it since.  The
packages I used came from the bluez project.  At least under Debian
unstable, there's a "bluetooth" package as well as many "bluez..."
packages that you may need to install.  Notably, is "bluez-gnome"
installed (if you're using Gnome)?

> Wireless is another remaining issue that I have not looked into yet.
> The wireless LED is not lit up. I need to get someplace with wireless
> to tackle it though.

With any hardware, start from the beginning.  Please provide the
output line for this device that comes out of lspci.

tim