[PLUG] Lightweight, low-end portable with linux

m0gely m0gely at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 20:11:45 UTC 2009

Rich Shepard wrote:
>     I'd like suggestions for a low cost replacement for the ol' Toshiba Tecra
> laptop used by my wife. Her use is primarily 'Net access (e-mail and Web)
> with some AbiWord/OO.o use. It must run linux (of course!), preferably
> xubuntu since she's used to that. Moderately large screen, light weight,
> lots of RAM, built-in wireless, ... the more modern features.

The Dell Mini 10 comes with Ubuntu installed as an option for $300. This
should tell you it runs Linux. ;) I've not used on personally but I've
read positive reviews of them. The Latitude 2100 is the business Netbook
for a little more. I can speak highly for Dell support when it comes to
the Lat's.

--
m0gely