[PLUG] Lost window manager and Gnome panel (Debian testing)

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Sat Nov 7 18:59:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 09:34:31AM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I hope there is a Debian user here who can point me to the correct
> script that needs editing. I am also hoping that looking at the
> startup script will shed some light on how this bizarre mess

I've been a Debian user for a long time, and have never had to edit
any startup scripts to get Gnome (or KDE) up and running properly. Do
you have an ~/.Xsession or ~/.xinitrc file doing something odd? Did
you accidentally pick a different session from the GDM login screen?
Something must be broken, somewhere.

--
Paul