[PLUG] flash drives for linux question

William A Morita wamorita at hevanet.com
Mon Nov 9 08:10:49 UTC 2009

Randall

You have many variables in determining what the actual transfer rate.
It is not just the OS and the flash drive, but for usb the connection is a
big variable too.
When I was doing functional testing, the test suite would show a large
number of retries for what appeared to be a good connection.
Re-inserting the usb connection could change the number of retries in either
direction.

- Bill Morita
wamorita At hevanet.com