[PLUG] Hulu and squid...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Tue Nov 10 06:11:37 UTC 2009

Has anyone been able to watch a movie on Hulu through a squid proxy?

It seems to effectively filter an Internet connection that one has to
use a proxy outfitted with say Dansguardian.  Great, problem is some
sites seem to be incompatible with Squid.  There is Procon Latte, but
that is not an enforceable approach and in general this plugin is far
too inaccurate for my liking.

Has anyone done server side proxyless filtering?  The only proxyless
filtering approach I know of is to use iptables to block Net access
which is not what I'm needing.

I wonder if my Pentium III server is just simply too slow to serve a
movie from Hulu via Squid?