[PLUG] [ANNOUNCEMENT] PLUG Advanced Topics November 19th, 2009 **NEW NIGHT and LOCATION**

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Nov 18 02:18:19 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Randal" == Randal L Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com> writes:

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan  <alan at clueserver.org> writes:
Alan> PLUG Advanced Topics November 19th 2009 7pm - 9pm

Randal> I realize finding a night that isn't otherwise busy is
Randal> impossible, but unfortunately, this particular date will force
Randal> people to choose between PLUG-AT and igniteportland.com,
Randal> featuring yours truly as one of twenty speakers who will be
Randal> presenting 20 slides in 5 minutes each.  So, if you're not
Randal> into PLUG-AT, please come check us out.

Not every month though.

Actually getting in to Ignite Portland is sometimes a challenge.  Back
for Ignite Portland 5 (when I did my presentation), their 650 tickets
"sold out" (they are free, so "sold" is a little misnomerish) in about
15 minutes.  I guess now you just line up.  Not that it isn't fun.

Also, if you skip IP7 in-person (not that you should), it *is* video'd
and will be available on youtube or something like it, so you don't
have to miss out entirely.

Another IP7 talk is by past-president of PTP Michael Weinberg on the
Turkey Tracker project, which is kind of cool.  Sensor-geek, meets
intartube fun, meets Oregon Food Bank fundraiser:

  http://turkeytracker.com/

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net