[PLUG] Linus Torvalds...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Nov 19 05:00:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 20:52 -0800, Mark Turner wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Michael Robinson
> <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> > has contributed nothing to world peace.
> >
> > He does not deserve a nobel peace prize.
> <SNIP>
> > If anything, Linus may have created a boost for atheism which
> > threatens world peace.  Without God, Man has no solid reason
> > to respect himself or his neighbor.  Without God, there is no
> > happiness and no peace.  To an atheist, Man is just a machine
> > with no guiding ethic whatsoever.
> >
> > I never want to see an atheist get an award for anything unless
> > he/she leaves the foolish selfish notions of atheism behind.
>

> Umm... this is why I unsubscribed from PLUG-Talk, so I can avoid this
> garbage from you Micheal, please don't ruin the entirety of PLUG for
> me. Move it to PLUG-Talk.
>
> -Mark

No!  I have as much right to discuss this here as anyone else and I
won't step aside for anyone.  The following is crap and I didn't post
it.

"> But then Bill Gates will try to buy Sweden.

Nah,  Microsoft will just announce they have
a Scandinavian country 'under development', there
by causing people to cease considering current
Scandinavian countries as viable.

> "
When it turns out that their low-budget development of the country of
Luxembourg isn't really technically "Scandinavian", they will simply
redefine the term "Scandinavian".

I think you make an excellent case.  Tovalds or Mark Shuttleworth would
make excellent choices for a Nobel laureate, IMO.  Their contributions
to humanity will endure long after most of today's major crises and
concerns have crumbled into dust.

--

Terry

Sorry Terry, but you are wrong.  Giving Linus a nobel peace prize, an atheist,
would make a mockery of the award.  And oh, why is Terry allowed to be off topic
but I'm not???