[PLUG] Linus Torvalds & Richard Stallman for Nobel Peace Prize

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:57:05 UTC 2009

> IMO, the real ongoing achievement of Linux is how it spreads knowledge
> of technology in developing nations, bringing that power to the poorest
> of the poor through national-focused distributions and projects such as
> OLPC
When you say "spreads knowledge", I think access to knowledge and
information. I implemented 'Skolelinux' in a tech college computer lab a
few years ago. It was developed by a group of people who wanted to see
free and open software in schools and give kids access to the source
code. This is the real power; it's not about us here and now. It's about
giving the new generation access to the tools and information to create
a better world for themselves.