[PLUG] Fixing the list rules a little?

Guy Letourneau guy1656 at opusnet.com
Sun Nov 22 03:30:14 UTC 2009

>> Move it to plug-talk.  There are rules.  If you can't follow them
>> on this list, you are gone.
>>
>> Keith
>
> This warning seemed pretty clear to me.

Then, either (a) the originator of this question and all participants in
this discussion must be EQUALLY admonished and understand that the
question should have been posited on Plug-Talk in the first place, or

(b) the rules need to be fixed so that when the occasional question pops
up which inquires of the worth or value of a person, a concept which can
never be established by science or rational argument alone, and can
certainly never be established secular means alone, to wit, when it is
understood that what is being elicited from the participants are their
opinions of a man:

That statements of the form
"[Positive/Negative] assessment, appended by [a belief positing how any
man may be found worthy of anything, or may be found lacking]

are known to be admissible, for ANY and ALL belief systems stated.

Discrimination against a person because when asked of the value of man,
a person applies his religion to arrive at an assessment and states so
publicly, when any and every other answer is either unsupported, or
originates from equally arbitrary beliefs and assessments

IS DEPRECATED.

Tolerance of multiculturalism, and civility toward others whose belief
systems differ from your own, demands nothing less.

Let us consider ALL of us equally warned.

... And go back to having fun using Linux and improving the experience
for each other....

- GLL