[PLUG] Ubuntu to Debian Second Attempt - Day 2

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 22:27:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 2:18 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> OK, now I know what the problem is. Running ./xaralx tries to launch
> it, but spews a page of "wrong elf class" errors, then aborts. I know
> that error - xaralx is a 32-bit app and I have 64-bit Linux.
>
> Still, I had it running on 64-bit Ubuntu, so there must be a way. I
> can't remember how I did it.

You can either build the source to create a 64-bit binary, find a
64-bit compiled version someone else has built, or follow the
instructions here:

http://www.xaraxtreme.org/download.html

(near the bottom, under: "Tar Archive Installation Instructions on
Linux AMD64" )

Honestly, building it your self looks like the least risky.

Source code and build instructions are here:

http://www.xaraxtreme.org/Developers/develeopers-source-code-a-building.html

--Rogan