[PLUG] Upgrading kernel on nfs root system...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Tue Nov 24 06:23:58 UTC 2009

I am running Slackware 10.1 and a 2.6.10 kernel.

I'm trying to compile the source for 2.6.27, though I wonder if this
kernel will work on this version of Slackware???

I think I left out transparent proxy support on the existing kernel.
Is there a way to check?

For some reason, it looks like dansguardian is running and it looks
like squid is running on this machine, but every attempt I make to
redirect tcp 80 traffic fails.

I am having a heck of a time understanding all the options in 2.6.27
and I have not found the NFS root option yet.