[PLUG] Debian trip is over

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 16:05:41 UTC 2009

> Testing is just too buggy for my taste. And Lenny is far too old.
I've never run Debian Testing. But I did come across what I think is a
great lil' distro called 'Sidux', "Debian Hot and Spicy". It's based on
Debian Sid (unstable). Which if you know anything about Debian, just
means it works but they haven't tested the hell out of it.

I've been running it for about a year now. I think they're on a 6 month
release cycle. You can test it out w. a LiveCD. I do run into problems
now and then, but I've learned a lot working through them. The Sidux
community is extremely knowledgeable and very helpful.

Here's a thread on getting a Logitech bluetooth mouse working on a Dell
820 laptop:
http://sidux.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-8393.html

The main reasons I don't run Ubuntu:
I find it sluggish compared to Debian.
The video driver seems to lose its marbles when I close the lid on my
Thinkpad T60.
I can't get get access to and run all Debian software.
I support Debian's quirky fight to be Free and Open. Even if Iceweasal
and Icedove are super cheesey names...

If Sidux ever charged money for their distro, I would be a loyal
customer to the bitter end.