[PLUG] ntp, ntpd, ntpdate, ntpd-debian

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 01:00:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Larry Williams
<larryw at holbrookmasons.org> wrote:
> Denis Heidtmann wrote:
>> NTPSERVERS="ntp.ubuntu.com".  When I google, I get a lot of
>>

> Seems to me that you don't need to do anything because your time server
> is defined.  I use pool.ntp.org.
>
> Larry
How come it does not work:

 sudo ntpdate -b ntp.ubuntu.com
27 Nov 16:54:38 ntpdate[21522]: no server suitable for synchronization found

 sudo ntpdate -b pool.ntp.org
27 Nov 16:56:44 ntpdate[21523]: no server suitable for synchronization found

I assumed that those addresses were incomplete.  Are you saying that
they are OK, and something else is wrong?  Timeout?  Slow connection
(dsl)?

-Denis