[PLUG] Portable Scanner

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 1 17:17:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> We've got a couple SnapScan S500 scanners at our office. They're connected
> to Windows workstations, so I can't comment on Linux compatibility. Also,
> the S500 line has a different document feeder than the S300s.

Paul,

   According to the sane-project.org Web site, the S500 is discontinued, and
I cannot find a price for it. The images I see for that model suggest that
it's comparatively large and not designed to be easily transported in a
briefcase or computer bag. The sane support for the S500 is "complete."

Thanks,