[PLUG] Portable Scanner

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Thu Oct 1 17:27:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

>   Has anyone here used a portable scanner (preferably with a USB interface)
> on a laptop/notebook with Xsane?
>
>   I'm looking for recommendations for a unit I can carry with my portable
> office to scan a lot of letter-size pages.
>
> Rich
>
> You can hardly go wrong with an Epson, most of them have "good" or
"complete" status in the  Sane Compatibility table. I use an Epson
perfection 1650 with Sane. It is not exactly small, but it is lightweight
and I have carried it many places to do scanning. I also have a Microtek
Scanmaker for large format scanning. It is not supported by Sane. It is
huge, but I put it in a rolling suitcase surrounded by a pad and have
carried it into  archives several times to scan large historical documents.

Bill