[PLUG] schroot

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Fri Oct 2 05:13:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

At tonight's meeting I mentioned schroot as a friendlier way of setting
up and using chroot environments. As long as you're working with Linux
distributions that support network-based installs, this tool can be
quite handy. I use it to manage chroot versions of Debian that I develop
in for an embedded project I'm working on.

The schroot project doesn't have an official web site as far as I know,
but this tutorial will get you up and running with it:

This was another article that describes setting up Debian build
environments:

http://www.pseudorandom.co.uk/2007/sbuild/

Enjoy,

Scott