[PLUG] Open source tax software exists!

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Mon Oct 5 21:06:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 17:03 +0000, dcouch at gmail.com wrote:
> H&R Block?
Is not open source GPL'ed software.

And Mogerly, this is not a plug-talk topic.  I avoid
plug-talk because there is no decorum there.  It is
dominated by a few people who act like they are God
on the matters of what is prejudiced, what is
acceptable, etcetera.  It is hardly a random chatter
list where the people who comment on there accept
whatever comes.  It is sometimes more of a Linux
list than this one, but not always.

This project is open source and it targets Linux so
that you don't have to go through some commercial
outfit on line or through Windows.  It is one thing
to use a credit card on line, but doing your taxes
on line is quite another thing entirely.  I have
no interest in doing that.

I sincerely hope that someone with the know how
joins the project and adds Oregon to the list of
states that it supports.  Right now, the project
is useless to people living here.