[PLUG] Minitab and Linux...

John Hauser jhauser at pobox.com
Tue Oct 6 20:21:55 UTC 2009

Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 14:21:23 -0700
From: Michael Robinson <plug_1 at robinson-west.com>
Subject: [PLUG] Minitab and Linux...
To: plug at lists.pdxlinux.org

Has anyone successfully run Minitab on Linux without using vmware,
virtualbox, etcetera?

I don't know yet if I can use something else, I'm still waiting
for the first assignment.  I emailed professor Tableman, but she
hasn't gotten back to me at all.

I'm beginning to wonder if PSU has a special deal for students to
purchase Minitab where Professor Tableman doesn't want to rock
the boat by responding to the idea of using an alternative?  If
that's the case, I can't say I blame her.

Anyhow, if anyone has had success running Minitab on Linux without
using Windows, I'd like to hear about it.

at least back in 2007, someone has:
http://gnuru.org/article/1035/using-minitab-on-linux

this post indicates problems with recent versions of ubuntu:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7257