[PLUG] Date Reformatting in Database Table

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Fri Oct 9 02:44:11 UTC 2009

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>
>> Is this suppose to be two lines?
>
> Rod,
>
>    Nope. Each row is exported as a single line. The MUAs reformat them to fit
> the width.

Initially it looked like two lines munged together then I noticed it was
the same data.

I like your spreadsheet solution.  Reminds me of my _early_ computer
days (Well actually second early days -- the first early days were in
the late sixties).

Spreadsheets were just nothing I had found a use for.  Then I needed to
generate a big bunch of sequential numbers in blocks that were
inconsistent is size and start points.

So a simple =A1+1 formula, copy/paste it into around 8000 rows, find the
points where the sequence broke, type in the new starting number, export
the values, and import them into the application.

Trivial use but saved four of us from days of having to hand key them in.

\\||/
Rod