[PLUG] London Stock Exchange - $Soft out, Linux/Solaris in

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:44:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Carlos Konstanski wrote:
>
>> I have experience working with math PhDs who were being employed as java
>> developers.
>
> Carlos,
>
>   Their function should have been limited to making the office coffee ... if
> anyone would drink the results. :-)
>
> Rich

I detect considerable derision toward all non-programers.  Too bad the
world cannot not be run exclusively by assembly language programers.
Think how wonderful life would be.

My father once attended a conference of architects and engineers. A
speaker remarked that if it were not for the engineers the buildings
would fall down, but if it were not for the architects the buildings
would be torn down. (He did not mention programers.)

-Denis