[PLUG] London Stock Exchange - $Soft out, Linux/Solaris in

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Oct 12 21:12:12 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Denis" == Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> writes:

Denis> I detect considerable derision toward all non-programers.  Too
Denis> bad the world cannot not be run exclusively by assembly
Denis> language programers.  Think how wonderful life would be.

Not derision from me!  Afterall, I wanted to kiss them.

In my case the underlying idea was fairly clear (well, except for all
the GOTOs which needed unscrambling) in the code, they just didn't
know how to execute it well, which made me feel like a genius and made
it easy to find order-of-magnitude improvements.  I would have been
clueless without the algorithm they dropped in my lap.

seniorr at aracnet.com