[PLUG] Unidirectional Network Commection

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Oct 19 23:01:43 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Russell> Try again with the '-n' (don't resolve names) option.

Rich>    The '-n' option makes no difference in the results of
Rich> 'route.' Numeric in both cases on both hosts.

>    From the server (192.168.55.1):
>
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
> Iface
> localnet        *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
> loopback        *               255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 lo
> default         router1.appl-ec 0.0.0.0         UG    1      0        0 eth0

"localnet" "loopback" and "router1.appl-ec" are *not* numeric.  The
'-n' option will return numeric versions for those.  That's what I'd
like to see.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net