[PLUG] prep for a dual boot

Randy Stapilus stapilus at ridenbaugh.com
Sat Oct 24 17:23:07 UTC 2009

Next month, I'd like to bring my desktop box in to the Sunday clinic
and set up a dual boot - it's currently XP, and I'd like to dual boot
with the current Linux Mint. (Hard drive has more than 100 gb
available, so there should be plenty of room.) My question: Apart
from backup (which I do regularly anyway), and download of the OS,
what else should I do in advance of bringing in the machine? Or bring
with me?

One note: I don't have wireless installed in it, have been using DSL
cable. Not sure if that would make any difference (I think I recall
DSL cabling in the clinic room, at least last time I was there), but
thought I'd mention it.

Randy Stapilus
www.ridenbaugh.com
Northwest politics and public affairs