[PLUG] Laptop as Server?

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Tue Oct 27 06:30:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:21:40PM -0700, Tim Wescott wrote:
> He's of the opinion that a laptop is gonna break if it's left on all the
> time.  I'm of the opinion that it's going to be pretty less heavily
> loaded than if someone were using it (how much can a working household

It'll probably be just fine. I used an old Dell laptop as my router
for a few years before "upgrading" to a COTS wireless router. My only
concern with running a laptop 24/7 would be potential cooling issues.
If it's ever heavily loaded for a significant amount of time, a lot of
heat may be trapped in by the closed lid.

--
Paul