[PLUG] SeaMonkey & SSL

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 30 23:27:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009, Chuck Langenberg wrote:

> I had an issue on a PC running SeaMonkey, with browser warnings anytime I
> visited a site using SSL. The problem went away when I corrected the
> system date on that PC. The incorrect date had been more than a year off,
> which made the cert appear to be expired.

Chuck,

   Interesting point. I'll check the system date.

   Today I bought a 4G USB flash drive so I can tar and back up her ~/ and
/etc directories before re-installing 9.04. My 1G drive is too small and I
cannot get the system to recognize the 10G external drive in the Bytecc
adapter. Sigh.

More when I have it,