[PLUG] post-partition, after setup question

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Oct 31 02:58:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:47:28 -0700
Randy Stapilus <stapilus at ridenbaugh.com> dijo:

> One other thought. When I went through partitioning, I didn't specify
> anywhere the *size* of the new partition for Linux. Might it be that
> the installer automatically sized it just large enough for the OS,
> and then when I loaded in scribus, all the space was used up? Might
> that suggest I need to re-size the partition (there should be more
> than 100 gb available on the hard drive)?
>
> If i can get back into the Linux os . . .

There exists a live CD of gparted, the open source partition manager:

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

You can even boot to it from a USB stick.

Regarding your initial problem, once you have gparted running via live
CD or USB stick you can use it to see what size your Linux partition is
and how much of it is used.