[PLUG] Ubuntu Hardy kernel as xen guest kernel panicking.

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Tue Sep 1 20:04:34 UTC 2009

Hi all,

A co-worker of mine is trying to consolidate some Linux servers onto a
single machine using xen. He's been having problems with the Ubuntu
Hardy xen kernel (2.6.24-24-xen) panicking on boot as a xen guest. The
host OS is CentOS 5.3 running 2.6.18-128.7.1.el5xen.

For testing purposes he's tried running the CentOS kernel within the
Hardy install and it appears to work, but we'd rather avoid that
workaround if possible.

If anyone has experience with the above, we'd be curious to hear from you.

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott Garman