[PLUG] I hosed my WRT54GL, need JTAG help

m0gely m0gely at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 22:32:12 UTC 2009

Jameson Williams wrote:
> I thought I'd hosed one of those back in the day... are you able to tftp /
> telnet to it at all? I forget where, but someone had posted a good howto on
> the matter. some of this networking firmware lives separately from that
> which you'd flash via the GUI. Good for fubars.

tftp won't connect. I ran a command that effects how much memory it
thinks it has. I was in one of those reading/learning/20tabsopen fits
and stopped paying close attention. The command was for a GS, not a GL.
gah... The power light just flashes on and off with the rest solid. I've
read that a jtag cable appraoch will almost certainly allow me to fix it.

--
m0gely